Bilgi Mesajı



(: >>>---***WELCOME TO OUR PRE-INTERMEDIATE BLOG***----<<<< :)

28 Şubat 2014 Cuma

My sentence problem >> Noun+Adjective+Noun ???

First, I want to share this because I believe that it will be able to help some of us, as well.

I have just realised a situation in English.  The situation is related to using a sentence.  I was confused when I saw the sentence.  I couldn't understand what the sentence means because I haven't seen and faced like the sentence so far.  I tried to find the meaning of the sentence but I couldn't.  Of course, I couldn't understand only a part of the sentence, not whole sentence.
Later, I looked at its meaning in Google Translate. Fortunately, it explained me what the part of the sentence means. Therefore, I have relaxed eventually.

However, I wonder how it can be.

The sentence;
Superstition based interpretations suggest that if .....
There, I couldn't find which one is the noun, which one is the verb.  I had assumed that "based" or "suggest" might be the verb but I realised that "based" is not a verb .
>> Superstition based interpretations = According to Google Translate,
it means that "Batıl inanca dayalı yorumlar"
I was confused here;
Superstition is a noun,
based  is an adjective,
interpretations is a noun.
However, how can we put an adjective between two nouns?
I cannot understand it, so I am waiting for your supports, suggestions, or comments.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Here is the link which is related to the answer of my problem;
http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_display.cfm/blog_id/26402

Rıdvan Kaşıkçı

3 yorum:

  1. Superstitions which are based (on) interpretation --- that's a relative clause and when we reduce is : superstitions based on interpretations...
    it is just like "the situtation which is based on another person is solved -- the situation based on another person is solved:) Hope that helps

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Thank you Ms. Karaman, I understood it.
    ( BTW ) By the way :) , I am glad to be complete.

    YanıtlaSil